Sustainable and high-quality forest-based Capsaicin and analogues
Capsaicin is the primary active component of spicy chili peppers, the fruits of plants belonging to the genus Capsicum. We provide capsaicin synthetically from renewable sources. Our capsaicin is pure and has the same positive properties as naturally extracted capsaicin with better predictable properties, and do not add unwanted odour, colour or greasiness to your products formulation. It is free from impurities and heavy metals. Our capsaicin maintains a very exact and uniform batch to batch quality and properties which makes your formulation and dosing easy. We can supply our product as pure powder or dissolved in suitable solvent for your products.
- CAS NO. 404-86-4
- Chemical formula: C18H27NO3
- Molecular Weight: 305.41 g/mol
- Assay: ≥96%
- Isomers: E/Z-ratio (NMR) - >6:1 (trans/cis)
- Melting point: 62-65 °C (lit.)
- Solubility: insoluble in H2O, soluble in: ethanol, methanol, ethers.
- Storage temp: 2-8°C